Overall Learning Objectives:
1) Discuss the latest scientific and clinical discoveries in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism.
2) Apply newfound knowledge to diagnosing and managing patients with disorders of endocrinology, diabetes or metabolism for improved patient outcomes.
3) Assess the potential applications of emerging scientific advances that affect the practice of endocrinology.
4) Explain to your patients the latest clinical treatment options in endocrine health.
5) Describe the multidisciplinary approach to treatment and management of pediatric endocrine disorders.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Cook Children’s Health Care System and the Pediatric Endocrine Society of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas (PESTOLA). Cook Children’s Health Care System is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council
for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician: Cook Children’s Health Care System designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse: Cook Children’s Health Care System designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.0 nursing contact hour(s). You must sign in, attend each session in its entirety and complete the evaluation tool.
Enduring: A recording of this live activity has been approved for 20.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and nursing credit. The number of hours may change for enduring credit based upon the actual time of the recording.